Stop by and meet SWCA staff at our booth at the AEMA annual meeting, December 4-8, in Reno, Nevada. David Steed, Mining Business Lead, and Ken Houser, Senior Principal will also be chairing an environmental session on December 7.
LARGE LEFT LATERAL LEAPS FOR ENVIRONMENTAL PROFESSIONALS –
IF I RAN THE WORLD.
Thursday, December 7, 2017 - 2:00 - 5:30
Chaired by: David Steed and Ken Houser, SWCA
Session Description: Representatives from agencies, industry, legal firms, and the political world, discussing how they would change the regulatory and permitting landscape. Open forum discussion focusing on such potential topics as:
- What should the Trump administration do in 2018 to make America Great Again?
- Long-term liabilities, how can we limit our exposure—or at least quantify them—while still being a responsible miner?
- What is the ONE thing that could be done right now to make NEPA work for everybody—agencies, mining companies, environmental groups?
- What is the ONE thing that Congress could change to make NEPA work for everybody in the long-term?
- Endangered Species Act—does it go too far? How can it work better?