A partner when dealing with the unexpected.
Hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, and other natural disasters can have devastating impacts on communities. The aftermath can seem overwhelming. SWCA staff in the Gulf Coast have weathered these disasters. We’ve learned firsthand how to help move recovery efforts forward quickly, effectively, and economically.
With more than 200 staff in our Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Arlington and Baton Rouge offices combined, we can offer disaster recovery support services in and around the Gulf Coast. Our specialists include wetland, water, and stream restoration scientists; threatened species specialists; ecologists; NEPA planners; archaeologists; and architectural historians. We provide on-the-ground and regulatory support for individuals, private companies, non-profits, and municipal agencies – anyone needing studies that will enable them to move forward in their disaster recovery. SWCA experts have managed environmental support for the federal Stafford Act, FEMA, and HUD-funded Community Development Block Grant funded disaster recovery programs.
- High Water Mark and Preliminary Damage Assessments
- Wetland and Waters Assessments
- Drone Operations and Aerial Photography
- Threatened and Endangered Species Evaluations
- Preliminary Environmental Hazard Inspections
- Tier I and Tier II Environmental Reviews
- GIS Stream Modeling, Design and Reconstruction
- Agency and Programmatic Agreement Negotiation
- Archaeological Site Identification and Monitoring
- Historic Building Repairs and Reconstruction
- Demolition Monitoring
We're ready to respond to your needs. Contact us for more information on how we can help you.