Whether operating a commercial, industrial or government facility, our clients face the challenge of complying with air quality requirements while reducing operational costs and risks.
Understanding the myriad requirements of amendments to the Clean Air Act in 1990 — addressing acid rain, urban pollution, and toxic air emissions — and their applicability to both small and large industries can be overwhelming.
SWCA’s air quality consultants help our clients navigate regulatory processes and create programs that are efficient and compliant. Our experts are well-versed in federal, state, and local permitting and compliance processes. Among our staff are recognized experts in programs ranging from the Acid Rain Program and Clean Air Interstate Rule to the NOx Budget Program and greenhouse gases (GHG).
Our knowledge of air quality regulations and permitting programs — along with our experience working with federal, state, and local agencies — allows us to obtain permit approval quickly and efficiently. We are proficient at identifying sources of air emissions and quantifying the results using engineering principals and, as appropriate, emission factors. We provide compliance development, auditing, emissions inventories, and reporting to appropriate regulatory agencies. SWCA is at the forefront of emerging efforts and regulatory mandates related to GHG emissions.
- Title V Permit Preparation
- New Source Review (NSR) Services
- Minor Source Permits
- Emission Offsets/Emission Reduction Credits (ERC)
- Emissions Inventories
- MACT Evaluation, Permitting, and Compliance Strategies
- RACT/BACT/LAER Analysis
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Reviews
- Air Quality Analyses for Environmental Assessments (EA) and Environmental Impact Statements (EIS)
- Owner/Operator Liaison for Agency Negotiations
- Long-term Permit Maintenance
- Strategic Data Management
- Audit Program Development and Comprehensive Onsite Audits
- FERC Resource Report Development