Healthy, sustainable water benefits both people and the environment.
At SWCA, our water resources services are divided into two main categories: water resources permitting and water as a natural resource.
Driven primarily by the Clean Water Act, our water resources permitting services focus on hydrological phenomena such as the movement and distribution of surface and groundwater. Our experts bring an interdisciplinary approach to help clients navigate water laws at all levels of government.
Approaching water as a natural resource, our scientists conduct thorough investigations of aquatic species and habitats to develop comprehensive management plans, ranging from riparian enhancement and restoration to the recovery of threatened, endangered, and sensitive species.
- Clean Water Act (CWA) Section 401/402 and 404
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES)
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Special Area Management Plans (SAMP)
- Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL) Assessments and Monitoring
- Turbidity Monitoring
- Water Supply Analysis and Alternative Development
- Water Resource Management and Planning
- Water Resources Data Management and Storage
- Water Quality Assessments and Modeling
- Water Quality/Quantity Monitoring
- Drinking Water Source Protection Plans
- Stormwater Inspection Services
- Aquifer Tests
- Public Drinking Supply Water Well Design/Installation
- Groundwater Impact Assessment and Mitigation
- Groundwater and Surface Water Modeling
- Stream-gaging and Weir Design
- Recharge, Reuse, and Mitigation Design
- Hydrologic Modeling Services
- Groundwater Hydrology
- Sediment Quality Testing
- Expert Witness Services and Water Rights Negotiations
- Wetland Design, Restoration, and Development
- Wetland Delineation, Enhancement, Mitigation, and Monitoring
- Aquatic and Riparian Community Assessments
- Stream and Riparian Habitat Assessments
- Threatened and Endangered Species Surveys
- Watershed Analysis
- Limiting Factors Analysis
- Habitat Enhancement and Restoration Design, Implementation, and Monitoring
- Stream Restoration
- Non-native Predator Removal
- Regulatory Compliance and Permitting
- Hydrographic and Geomorphic Surveys
Take the Next Step
Request more information on our water resources services.