At SWCA, sustainability isn’t just what we do, it’s who we are. To us, sustainability means balancing humanity’s social, economic, and environmental needs to provide a healthy planet for future generations. We believe our sustainability efforts in our project work, our partnerships, and our operations create a stronger company and will help ensure a more prosperous future for our people and our planet. Through aligning our sustainability goals with the internationally recognized United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) we strive to be innovative and proactive leaders in sustainable business practices. Specifically, SWCA is committed to making positive, meaningful, and lasting impacts in the following areas:
Our project work. SWCA’s purpose is to preserve natural and cultural resources for tomorrow while enabling projects that benefit people today. SWCA’s role as a sustainability activator within client organizations allows us to make a significant impact through our project work. We are committed to helping our clients:
- Advance inclusion through robust stakeholder engagement.
- Restore, improve and/or preserve ecosystems, habitats, and biodiversity.
- Enable energy transition with minimal impact on the environment.
- Increase resiliency to climate change.
- Track positive impacts made through their projects.
Our People. As an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), our employees are also our investors. SWCA focuses on positively impacting our employees by:
- Creating a safe and healthy work environment.
- Providing career development opportunities.
- Creating a financial retirement benefit to all ESOP participants.
- Assuring pay equity.
- Fostering an atmosphere of inclusion and belonging by promoting and celebrating diversity.
- Respecting and protecting fundamental human rights.
Our partnerships. SWCA is committed to making a greater impact with sustainability by growing our relationships with partners. We create partnerships that will:
- Increase diversity among our suppliers and promote small businesses.
- Advance and share scientific knowledge with youth, our clients, and our industry.
- Strengthen communities we live, work, and play in by dedicating our time and financial support.
- Advance innovative projects and ideas with all partners.
- Ensure increased sustainability throughout our entire supply chain.
Our operations. We develop procedures, programs, and goals to reduce our operational impacts on the environment. We commit to:
- Track, measure, and report our progress towards reducing our environmental footprint.
- Increase awareness of sustainability issues among our employees, so they can make an impact within and outside the workplace.