SWCA is pleased to announce the release of its 2021 Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Report. With the help of SWCA employee-owners applying sound science and creative solutions to everything we do, SWCA continues to strive to be the best workplace and industry leader in sustainability. This report includes elements that tie directly to SWCA’s strategic plan and gives an in-depth look at how the company is acting towards a more sustainable future.
Developed on an annual basis, this year’s report highlights the introduction of our sustainability framework that aligns programs under the three pillars of People, Planet, and Partnerships with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The report also features the advancement of key initiatives that took place in 2021, such as the expansion of Employee Resource Groups, the implementation of a system of consistent, scalable roles and titles to further career development, the launch of a formalized internship program, many SWCA Gives Back achievements, and SWCA’s continued focus on reducing its environmental impacts.
Additional highlights of SWCA’s 2021 ESG Report include:
- SWCA contributed $12.7M in revenues to small businesses, many of which were women-owned and veteran-owned
- SWCA provided nearly $66K in education reimbursement to employees
- SWCA launched a new, comprehensive approach to wellness through a dedicated wellness program, Thrive
- SWCA offices organized 38 local environmental stewardship events through the SWCA Gives Back Program
- SWCA launched a new hire introduction and orientation to the Inclusion and Diversity Program in 2021, along with a Professional Development Plan for new employees
- SWCA achieved 100% Powered by Renewable Electricity status for the second consecutive year
- SWCA successfully replaced disposable water bottles, plastic cups, utensils, and other single-use plastic items with sustainable and plastic-free alternatives in 100% of offices across the country
Through collaboration, creativity, and innovation, SWCA is devoted to the continued strengthening of its sustainability program for the good of employees, communities, and the planet.