The FERC licensing, permitting, and compliance processes can be complex and difficult to navigate. Understanding the unique operational parameters and environmental resources of each project makes the difference - that’s where SWCA comes in.
SWCA’s team of hydropower specialists integrates an in-depth knowledge of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) regulatory and licensing processes with that of our in-house, technical experts to collaboratively deliver creative, cost-effective solutions to our clients.
We develop sound strategic approaches for each project that fully acknowledge the client’s needs and desired outcomes, while satisfying all regulatory requirements. We advocate for early agency and stakeholder identification and engagement to facilitate building key relationships, candid discussions and collaboration. We work with our clients to understand agency or stakeholder needs or desires, share information and data, anticipate potential resource issues or conflicts, and expedite agency approvals or stakeholder agreement.
- FERC Licensing and Relicensing
- FERC License Compliance, Amendments, Surrenders, and Exemptions
- Federal, State, and Local Permitting and Analyses
- NEPA Environmental Analysis
- Strategic Planning
- Agency Coordination
- Section 106 Consultation
- Endangered Species Act (ESA) Compliance
- Public Involvement
- Natural Resource Surveys, Analysis, and Guidance
- Cultural Resource Surveys, Analysis, and Guidance
- Habitat Restoration and Mitigation
- Data Acquisition and Remote Sensing