Wind power projects can be challenging in the face of ever-evolving technology and regulations.
With expertise at the forefront of industry trends and innovation, SWCA wind energy consultants help clients work through regulatory and permitting processes, overcome compliance hurdles, and navigate projects toward success. Our goal is always the same: to preserve natural and cultural resources for tomorrow while enabling projects that benefit people today.
We work with clients at every step of the process, from conducting preliminary analysis and technical studies and overseeing construction compliance to implementing efficient and effective post-construction monitoring plans that demonstrate stewardship and regulatory compliance.
Our lifecycle solutions are customizable to meet your specific wind power project goals and timeline.
- Site Identification
- GIS Analysis & Site Suitability Evaluation
- Landowner Engagement & Coordination
- Stakeholder Engagement, Community Outreach, & Public Education
- Utility Coordination
- Early Critical Issues Identification & Assessment
- Conceptual Design & Approximation of Developable Area
- Permitting Plan and Strategies for Project Planning & Schedule
- Environmental Permitting
- Biological Studies
- Cultural Studies
- Indigenous Relations and Ethnography
- Paleontological Studies
- Visual Assessments & Simulations
- GIS Modeling
- Plans of Development & Land Use Applications
- Mitigation Planning
- Agency Coordination
- Air Permitting
- Avian & Bat Conservation Strategies
- Species-Specific Conservation Plans
- Environmental Compliance Management Plans
- Worker Environmental Awareness Programs & Training
- Restoration, Invasive Species, & Revegetation Plans
- Unanticipated Discoveries Plans
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control, & Countermeasure Plans
- On-the-Fly Planning, Field-Staking & Workarounds
- Compliance Monitoring & Reporting
- Assistance Obtaining Variances
- Wetland Mitigation Implementation
- Compliance Issue Resolution
- Archaeological & Paleontological Artifact Recovery
- Environmental Monitoring & Reporting
- Reclamation & Restoration
- Mitigation Monitoring
- Adaptive Environmental Management
- Environmental Audits
- Enforcement Resolution
We can all see the huge push for renewable energy right now: utility-scale solar developments, onshore and offshore wind farms, and the need for new generation facilities and transmission lines. All these developments have the potential to change what we see and value in the landscape, which is where visual resources expertise helps to analyze and mitigate visual impacts.
Winds of Change: SWCA Assists Standing Rock Sioux Tribe with Environmental Services for Anpetu Wi Wind Farm
A community widely known for its fight against the Dakota Access Pipeline, the people of Standing Rock Sioux Tribe are taking control of their energy future. The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe is developing a 235-megawatt, 60-turbine wind farm named Anpetu Wi (“morning light”) to provide clean energy, independence, and sustainability for their community.
Imagine having a coworker who is innately talented at a particular task, finishes in a fraction of the time it would take you, and does it all with an unwavering determination and endless enthusiasm. That’s Moxie, a 3-year-old springer spaniel who sniffs out bird and bat fatalities on wind farms. Moxie loves her job and she’s very good at it.