Sound Science and Creative Solutions to rebuild stronger.
In response to the ever-increasing costs of disaster recovery, there is a strong call to establish resilient communities that can withstand future risks. Accompanying this call are increased funding programs from the federal government, particularly the Federal Emergency Management Agency Building Resilient Infrastructure and Communities (FEMA BRIC) and Housing and Urban Development Community Development Block Grant Mitigation (HUD CDBG-MIT) grants. These, along with multiple smaller state and federal agency programs, are focused specifically on disaster resilience projects with the intention to mitigate the losses to life and infrastructure from future natural disasters.
SWCA has long been a leader in National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) regulatory compliance and ecological restoration services including coastal restoration, natural channel design, green infrastructure, and wildfire mitigation; projects that have an impact on the resilience of our lived environment. Our climate resilience consultants can provide support for federal, state, and municipal agencies, private companies, and non-profits in conceptualizing and completing resilience projects including incorporating nature-based solutions, no matter the size.
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) Compliance and Permitting
- Agency and Programmatic Agreement Negotiation
- FEMA/HUD Recovery and Resilience Program Planning
- Coastal Natural Design and Restoration
- Stream and Wetland Natural Design and Restoration
- Post-fire Restoration
- Forest Habitat Impacts and Restoration
- Green Infrastructure
- Erosion Control and Revegetation Solutions
- Archaeological Site Identification and Monitoring
- Historic Architectural and Preservation Assessments
- Native American and Hawai’i Tribal Consultation
- Clean Water Act Assessments
- Endangered Species Act Consultation
- Environmental Assessments (EA)
- Environmental Impact Statements (EIS)
- Tier I (Broad) and Tier II (Site-Specific) Environmental Reviews
- Environmental Compliance Monitoring
- Public Involvement/Community Outreach
- Workshops and Training
- Data Acquisition and Aerial Photography
We’re ready to respond to your needs. Contact us for more information on how we can help you.