SWCA collaborates with State/Tribal Historic Preservation Offices, Historical Societies, and other organizations to ensure client compliance with Sections 106 and 110 of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA).
We determine the historic significance of the built environment, such as buildings, landscapes, districts, roads, and traditional cultural properties. Upon making these determinations, we offer National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) eligibility recommendations, which guide protection, rehabilitation, restoration and reconstruction activities. Guiding you through documentation, monitoring and other compliance activities, we ensure that historic integrity is maintained while projects progress.
- Architectural History
- Section 106 and 110 Reviews
- National Register of Historic Places (NRHP) Eligibility Recommendations and Nominations
- State Historic Preservation Office (SHPO) Consultation
- Tribal Historic Preservation Office (THPO) Consultation
- Historic Property Surveys
- Historic Context Development
- Historic Preservation Tax Credits
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) Documentation
- Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) Documentation
- Historic American Landscapes Survey (HALS) Documentation
- Architectural Condition Assessments
- Historic Structure Reports
- Preservation Planning
- Heritage Tourism
Take the Next Step
Request more information on our historic preservation services.