The Race to Net Zero
The transition to carbon-free, carbon-neutral, sustainable energy is largely driven by a recognition that global greenhouse gas emissions must be brought to net zero. To keep global warming below 1.5 C, the 2015 Paris Agreement set goals to limit the demand for fossil fuels since these are the single largest source of carbon emissions. Over 70% of global greenhouse gas emissions result from the fossil fuel energy sector with demand for transport, heating, and industrial use.
As the pace of energy transition accelerates, altering how companies source, use, and conserve energy is no easy feat. Ambitious carbon reduction targets set by global commitments from governments and driven by pressure from investors and stakeholders define the broad reach and complexities of the transition. It’s clear that the results will create both environmental and economic value.
Whether your projects focus on carbon-neutral scenarios or greenhouse gas reduction, SWCA’s energy transition services bring success to projects within the energy sector, during all aspects of the transition, and assist our clients to meet their decarbonization goals.
- Air quality analyses
- Emission offsets/emission reduction Credits
- Greenhouse gas (GHG) emission inventories
- Best Available Control Technology (BACT)
Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage (CCUS)
- Carbon capture methods
- Carbon storage
- Carbon sequestration
- Class VI well permit applications
- Carbon credit evaluations
- Grant funding application support
- Subsurface hydrogen storage
- Hydrogen and Renewable Energy Complexes
- Wood Fiber Hydrogen Generation with Forest Management and Land Stewardship
- Proof of concept hydrogen electrolyzer prototype support