SWCA’s aquatic services focus not only on water itself, but on the fish, aquatic insects, invertebrates, and algae that live within it.
Our biologists use both scientific and technical tools to conduct thorough investigations of aquatic species and habitats. This information is then used to develop comprehensive management plans that range from riparian enhancement and restoration to the recovery of threatened, endangered, and sensitive species. Our mitigation planning expertise helps speed the process for clients to obtain necessary permits, and our services can support compliance activity in several different areas, including NEPA, ESA, CWA, CERCLA, and NPDES.
- Stream and Riparian Habitat Assessment Surveys
- Stream Restoration
- Habitat Enhancement/Restoration Design
- Macroinvertebrate Assessment and Rapid Bioassessment
- Aquatic Surveys and Monitoring
- Watershed Assessment and Restoration Prioritization
- Aquatic and Riparian Community Assessments
- Aquatic Ecology Risk Assessment
- Non-Native Predator Removal
- Invasive Species Management
- Trophic Interaction Assessments
- Limiting Factors Analysis
- Aquatic Insect Surveys
- Fish and Invertebrate Tissue Sampling for Containment Investigation
Take the Next Step
Request more information on our aquatic biology services.