When it comes to cultural resources management, proven expertise is key. We’re pleased to share the recent addition of three qualified professionals in California to help you navigate regulatory obligations, design a project in a historic district, or mitigate impacts to a historic resource. Debi Howell-Ardila, Garret Root, and Dan Herrick bring decades of experience in historic preservation, preservation planning, architectural history, and history support. All three meet and exceed the Secretary of Interior’s professional qualification standards for architectural history and history. Their experience and expertise complement our broader cultural resources team across California and the west.
Please let us know if you’d like to discuss how SWCA can support:
- Preparing environmental compliance studies and documentation in support of Section 106 and 110 of the National Historic Preservation Act (NHPA), the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and California Public Resource Code Sections 5024 and 5024.5
- Assisting in the development of master and general plans, preservation ordinances, design guidelines, and evaluation criteria for local agencies.
- Providing historic design consultation services per the Secretary of the Interior’s Treatment Standards for the treatment of Historic Properties for rehabilitation projects, as well as in-fill construction within historic districts or cultural landscapes
- Exploring and capturing historic preservation-related funding sources for rehabilitation and repair projects through available incentives, including Federal and State Rehabilitation Tax Credits, Mills Act applications, and a variety of federal, state, and local grant programs
- Developing and implementing innovative, useful, and forward-thinking solutions for mitigation and documentation of historic resources.
Debi, Garret, and Dan join a nationwide team of experienced architectural historians and preservation professionals. Learn more about SWCA’s Cultural Resources practice.
MEET THE TEAM
Debi Howell-Ardila, MHP
Garret Root, MA
Dan Herrick, MHC