We live in a visual world, one that will continue to change and evolve.
Visual resources are frequently the face of a proposed project for the public. From power generation and transmission, to public infrastructure and beyond, our visual resources experts accurately portray what new projects will look like in the landscape exactly as they are intended to be developed, without bias. Visual simulations and analyses paired with strategic communication can be critical in helping decision-makers, interested stakeholders, and the public understand potential impacts to their community and to build consensus.
The collection, analysis, and strategic communication of visual resources are an important branch of environmental planning services that allow our clients’ projects to move forward.
In The News
- In SWCA’s award-winning magazine, The Wire, we spoke with Chris, Matthew, and Cullen about the growing demand for visual resources and their thoughts on the future of this field. Read more in Seeing Eye to Eye: How Visual Resources Build Consensus on Sustainable Development.
43States Where Staff Has Conducted Visual Resource Work
12SWCA Staff with Visual Resource Experience
9SWCA Service Lines Served
- Viewshed Analysis
- Data Acquisition
- Geospatial Data
- Visual Impact Reporting
- Glint/Glare Analysis
- Shadow/Flicker Analysis
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Environmental Permitting
- Architectural Visualization
- Resiliency Strategies
- Urban Planning
- Mitigation Planning and Design
- Renewable Energy Development
- Natural Resource Management Planning
- Virtual Engagement
- Landscape Architecture