A reliable partner in helping de-risk projects to enable project development.
SWCA’s experts act as an extension of your team, navigating the unique challenges associated with the ever-changing landscape of solar development projects. Our project managers have experience at every step of the process, ensuring efficient and effective environmental support to meet your project goals on time and on budget.
Why Choose SWCA?
Local Teams. Nationwide Firm.
Our local experts have full access to a nationwide team. Our in-depth knowledge of the solar industry, land ownership, and infrastructure keeps the permitting process on track, allowing you to start building as soon as possible.
Strong Agency Relationships
We understand how agencies work and what information they need to streamline the permitting process and help you make well-informed, strategic decisions.
Sound Science. Policy Expertise
Our documents and reports are scientifically accurate, defensible, and fully compliant with all regulations.
Solar Project Lifecycle
- Site Identification
- GIS Analysis & Site Suitability Evaluation
- Landowner Engagement & Coordination
- Stakeholder Engagement, Community Outreach & Public Education
- Utility Coordination
- Early Critical Issues Identification and Assessment
- Conceptual Design & Approximation of Developable Area
- Permitting Plan and Strategies for Project Planning & Schedule
- National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA)
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Biological Studies
- Cultural Studies
- Indigenous Relations and Ethnography
- Paleontological Studies
- Visual Assessments & Simulations
- GIS Modeling
- Plans of Development & Land Use Applications
- Mitigation Planning
- Agency Coordination
- Federal, State & Local Permits
- Air Permitting
- Bird & Bat Conservation Strategies
- Species-Specific Conservation Plans
- Environmental Compliance Management Plans
- Restoration, Invasive Species & Revegetation Plans
- Unanticipated Discoveries Plans
- On-the-Fly Planning, Field-Staking & Workarounds
- Compliance Monitoring & Reporting
- Assistance Obtaining Variances
- Wetland Mitigation Implementation
- Compliance Issue Resolution
- Archaeological & Paleontological Artifact Recovery
- Worker Environmental Awareness Programs & Training
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans
- Spill Prevention, Control, & Countermeasure Plans
- Environmental Monitoring & Reporting
- Reclamation & Restoration
- Mitigation Monitoring
- Adaptive Environmental Management
- Environmental Audits
- Enforcement Resolution
Mickey specializes in complex development projects, with a particular focus in the Northeast.
Clint specializes in solar development projects in the Rocky Mountain region.
Devin specializes in solar development projects in the Southwest.
New Mexico | Four Corners
Kim specializes in solar development projects in New Mexico and the Four Corners region.
Florida | Southeast
Davy specializes in solar projects in Florida and the Southeast.
Drew specializes in solar development projects in the Midwest.