Development activity that impacts wetlands and waterways triggers strict enforcement under Section 404 of the Clean Water Act, requiring a permit from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers before dredged or fill material is discharged into U.S. waterways. To counterbalance the loss of aquatic functions and values of wetlands, streams, and other waterways, Section 404 also requires mitigation for wetland and stream development.
SWCA performs wetland and waterway delineations and successfully works with mitigation bankers on establishing mitigation banks and with other clients on permittee-responsible mitigation sites. We have strong relationships with oil and gas providers, developers, and municipal governments who are often the main clients of mitigation banks, helping us to connect their compliance needs with the most appropriate resources.
Our experience in wetland and stream functional assessments, mitigation banking, and ecosystem design and development gives you a single source of expertise for the mitigation banking process. In addition, we can provide construction oversight services to ensure compliance with permit conditions for your mitigation bank. SWCA can help you successfully navigate the mitigation process and obtain your permits as quickly and cost effectively as possible.
- Feasibility Studies and Cost Estimation
- Credit Analysis and Release Planning
- Economic Gains Assessments
- Site Selection Studies
- Wetland Delineations and Functional Assessments
- Habitat Assessments
- Habitat Enhancement/Restoration Design
- Threatened/Endangered Species Surveys
- Cultural Resource Assessments
- GIS Mapping/Wetland Mapping
- Clean Water Act Section 404 Permits
- Endangered Species Act Permits
- NEPA Analysis for Individual Permits
- USACE Individual Permits
- Draft and Final Prospectus
- Mitigation Banking Instrument Development
- Interagency Review Team Negotiations
- Planning, Document Preparation, and Permitting
- Mitigation Bank Review Team Negotiations
- Regulatory Climate Assessment
- Long-term Financial Assurance Mechanisms
- Credit Tracking and Management
- Habitat Enhancement/Restoration Monitoring
- Invasive Species Management
- Perpetual Conservation Easements
- Success Criteria Monitoring and Reporting
- Adaptive Management Planning and Implementation
Take the Next Step
Request more information on our wetland and stream mitigation banking services.